Monday, October 28, 2013

Joseph Milton Beckstrand

Joseph Milton Beckstrand
April 1924 - October 2013



Tuesday October 22nd my Grandpa passed away.  He was in an ATV accident while hunting with family in Meadow.  He was life flighted to Provo Hospital where he was placed on life support.  We were able to get to the hospital around 9:00 pm to go and see him.  All of my Grandpa's kids were able to be there along with most of the grandkids.  I was able to spend 6 hours with my Grandpa in the ICU before he passed away at 3:30 am.  
My Grandpa was an amazing man.  Everyone he met just loved and respected him.  I remember going to his house and picking lots of yummy food from his garden, and running around playing in the backyard with my cousins.  My Grandpa was always there for anyone who needed him, and was the sweetest man.  He always made me feel so special.  I will miss him so much!
Grandpa's funeral was such an incredible experience.  My Grandpa served in the military during WWII and was taken prisoner in Germany during the Battle of the Bulge.  He was so neat to see the American Flag draped over his casket.  Here is a picture of my family with Grandpa's casket.
My mom with the grandkids (minus Ashton).

All the kids love Uncle Ty!!


My family (minus Crystal).  I sure do love these guys!

We got a picture of all my Grandpa's grandkids and great grandkids.  

Here are the original grandkids.  I have such great cousins and am grateful for the chance to be with them and catch up during all of this.

By this point Kayson and Everett were tired, hungry and thirsty, but they did so great!

Kayson and Everett got to pick a flower from the grandkid bouquet of flowers to place on his casket.

My Dad's siblings.  Craig, Neil (my Dad), Janice, Sandra, Mark, Ron.


This was a really emotional part.  The Military was there to pay tribute to my Grandpa as well.  These three men were standing at attention right by the hurse when we pulled up the the cemetery.  There were also four other Veterans standing in a line waiting.  They did their salute by firing 3 shots into the air and playing the horn.  After this these men folded the flag and presented it to our family.  



The pallbearers.  Ty, Logan, Adam, Keaton, Chris, Greg, Brant and Jason.


Here is a picture of my Grandpa's uniform.  It was so cool seeing this and made me even more proud of my amazing Grandpa!  We love you and miss you Grandpa!!



No comments: