Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Everett Neil Larson

The birth story:
We went to my 38 week Dr. appointment on wednesday August 24th at 4:15 p.m.  I was dialated to 4 cm and 80 % effaced, so I asked Dr. Ward if he would strip my membranes to get things going.  He said that since I had already made progress he would probably see me again at the hospital in 12 hours.  We were super excited and anxious to see if this would work.  We got home and my Dad came over to pick up Kayson for some ice cream.  By this time (5:45) I had started to get some contractions.  Todd and I decided we should probably clean up the house a little bit and pack our bags just in case tonight was the night.  After cleaning and packing the bags I got in the shower and when I got out I thought the contractions were dying down a bit so Todd told me to go run up and down the stairs and walk back and forth to get them to pick  up again.  Well about 8:45 they were getting pretty painful and were staying at about 3-5 minutes apart so I decided to call my Mom to see if she could come help with Kayson.  After my mom got here we loaded up and drove to LDS Hospital.  We got checked in at about 9:30 p.m. and I was now at 5 cm.  I got my epidural around 10:30 and felt much better.  Kayson was there and just loving every minute of everything.  He wanted to be so involed and was asking "what's that?"  "What are they doing?"  He even begged to watch me get the epidural but had to stay on the other side of the curtain.  Around 2:30 a.m. I started getting extremely painful contractions again and when the nurse checked me I was ready to push.  Todd had left the room to update his family so I had my mom go find him and tell him it was time.  After Todd got back in the room the nurse left to go call the Dr. and didn't come back....  The contractions were extremely painful and I had the feeling like my baby was gonna come out on his own.  So after 10 minutes Todd called the nurse and told her to come back in and check and make sure the baby wasn't just gonna pop out.  At 3:08 a.m. on August 25th Everett made his way into this world with two big pushes.  He weighed 8 lbs 4 oz and was 21 inches long.  He was really purple when he first came out and kept holding his breath so they had to put some oxygen on him to get him breathing better and to turn pink.  I loved experiencing going into labor on my own this time and loved every minute of it.  I wish I could just skip the pregnancy part and go straight to delivery!!!  I have been so lucky to have 2 extremely easy deliveries!!  Kayson was there in the room for the whole thing but ended up falling asleep just before 1 a.m. and slept through the entire delivery!!  We woke him up to meet his new little brother after he was born but he was just too tired and confused, so he was screaming the whole time. 

Here is where it all began...huge and contracting!
Everett Neil Larson
8.4 lbs 21 inches

He looks a lot bigger in photos than he seemed in person.

My cute little family of 4!!!
Wow that's so weird to say!

Mommy and baby Evers.

Kayson is such an amazing big brother!  He loves his brother so much and is always wanting to hold him, hug him, and kiss him.

My cute boys!!


Daddy and Kayson watching a show.
Our bundle of joy.

I love my three boys to pieces!  Todd is an amazing father and I am so lucky to have him!

Loading up to go home.  Everett's first car ride.

Our sweet neighbor made this sign for us.  It was so cute and made my day seeing it as we pulled up!



Kayson loves being with his brother.   

3 comments:

Katy said...

Im so glad everything went so well and even more glad he's finally here. What an amazing family you have and so cute. I can't wait til i can come visit

Jen Beckstrand said...

I haven't been able to stop thinking about Everett! Seriously I've been like craving to hold him again! Even Jason said yesterday "I just feel like holding Everett again". Haha Congrats you guys! Love you!

The Nelsons said...

It was such a relief to hear that everything went well. But I still liked reading all the details! A family of 4 is crazy! I hope everything's still going good. I hope we get to hang out again soon so I can hold him again!