Thursday, July 2, 2009

Update....

This morning we noticed Kayson's absess getting alot worse. He was getting the runs and really fussy. I took him over to my mom's house where her and my sister Crystal watch him while we are at work. Well my mom called me at work sayin he really wasn't doin well. So Todd and I got off work and rushed over there. Todd and my dad gave him a blessing, then it was off to the Instacare Kidscare to have them look at it again. It was a different Dr. this time and he said it was alot worse than what we had originally thought and that he needed to drain it. AAAHHH So he told Todd and me to hold him down and without even numbing it at all he began to cut it open. I must say this was the WORST thing by far Todd and I have EVER been through!!! He was screaming beyond bloody murder and staring at us like why are you letting him do this to me!! It was AWFUL!!! The Dr. said about 4 teaspoons of puss came out, and it was the size of a golf ball!!!! He said that was worse than most adults!!! So even though I know it had to be done, I still feel so horrible about putting my son through that pain!!!

Here is a picture of his absess after being cut open, drained and packed with gauze!! He has had the runs alot today so the gauze sticking out got poop on it!
There was sooo much blood when he drained it. It filled up the pad below him and got all over his onsie.
Here is his new anti-biotic, the gauze we have to put over it, and we also have to wash it out with Hydrogen Peroxide and water in a seringe.


Kayson is such a trooper even after all he has been through today he still decided he wanted to get down and play. He rolled over from his back to his tummy for the first time!! What a champ! He is deffinately stronger than I am!!


You did so good Kayson we love you!!



6 comments:

The Nelsons said...

OH MY GOSH, Brittany... I am going to cry! Seriously. I feel so bad for all of you. What a horrible experience. Is he doing ok? How's the cut doing? I feel so bad! What a tough little boy, though, to be playing afterwards. How long did they say it would take to heal? Do you have to take him back to get it checked on? Is there any chance of it coming back? How do you prevent those? A million questions, I know, but I just can't believe it! I am so sorry!

The Larsons said...

He is doin alright (when he has his pain meds) They said it could take 1 to 2 weeks to heal, we dont have to take him back in unless he develops a rash or a fever (in which case they said to take him to the hospital) I dunno if it could come back I guess it could if he gets an ifected gland again... In this case there was nothing we could do to prevent it, and cutting it open was a must. Its been really tough, but were survivin! He is such a TROOPER!!!

Tiffany said...

We hope he gets better soon. So sorry you guys had to go through that.

Kathryn said...

That is awful! I'm so sorry all of you had to go through that. I hope it clears up soon. :(

The Nelsons said...

Well, now,your new pic of Kayson is so dang cute! Love it. The pic of Covey is just in our backyard and that basket is one of the ones we have in his nursery in those cubbies. (got them from pottery barn) PS It's official. I'm a single parent for the next 4 days. :(

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! I'm sorry to hear that he had to go through that, but I am so glad that he will be okay. That would be SO hard to sit there and watch scream while holding him down and there wasn't anything you could do for him at that point....I'm sure if I was in your place I would have just balled my eyeballs out hearing him cry!

I'm so happy he was such a strong boy though...yay Karson!